Websites, whether involved in e-commerce or not, should provide at least:
- The name of the service provider. This might differ from the trading name and any such difference should be explained – e.g. “XYZ.com is the trading name of XYZ Enterprises Limited.”
- Email address of the service provider. It is not sufficient to include a ‘contact us’ form without also providing an email address.
- The geographic address of the service provider. A PO Box is unlikely to suffice as a geographic address; but a registered office address would.
- If the business is a company, the registered office address, the company’s registration number and the place of registration (e.g. “XYZ Enterprises Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1234567”).
- If the business is a member of a trade or professional association, membership details, including any registration number.
- If the business has a VAT number, it should be stated.
- Any prices quoted on the website must be clear and unambiguous. Also, state whether prices are inclusive of tax and delivery costs.
Also Contact Details must be provided on Websites:
Companies have to provide a means of contact on their websites in addition to their postal and email addresses, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) has ruled. A telephone number, or a contact form that is answered within 60 minutes, were deemed acceptable.
Minimum information to be provided on business emails:
If your business is a private or public limited company or a Limited Liability Partnership from January 2007 your business emails must include the following details in legible characters:
- Your company’s registered name (e.g. XYZ Ltd)
- Your company registration number;
- Your place of registration (e.g. Scotland or England & Wales); and
- Your registered office address
It is not enough to provide a link to this information from an email footer.
We aim to be friendly and informative, providing all the support and guidance you need to steer you clearly and effectively through the web design process and ensure that you end up with a great website.
If you need help with your website please feel free to give me a ring. Regards
Michael Spencer, Web Designer and WordPress Specialist.
email@example.com – 01263 722058
Epsilis Website Designers – Mundesley, Norwich, Norfolk and Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire