Website Designers and Search Engine Optimisation in Letchworth Hertfordshire (Herts)
This is the official accessibility statement for www.epsilis.co.uk. We take disability accessibility seriously. Our website has been designed to be universally accessible to all as far as practical.
Many standards are intentionally vague and are subject to individual judgement. Some can be automatically tested. We have run a variety of commonly accepted standard automated tests and have manually reviewed all pages. We believe all pages are in full compliance with all available accessibility standards and guidelines from W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
Should you feel that any aspect of the site does not fulfil these objectives or gives you any difficulty please let us know and we will do our best to rectify the problem immediately. Feel free to email us at email@example.com
All text can be resized using your browsers view - text size option.
- Internet Explorer: View > Text size
- Firefox: View > Text size
- Opera: File > Preferences > Fonts > Minimum font size (pixels)
- Alternatively, scroll with the wheel of your mouse whilst holding down the control key.
While there is no official validation tool for meeting DDA Accessibility Requirements, the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) HTML (XHTML) validator is commonly accepted as being a good indicator of accessibility.
This website aims to conform to:
- W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines - priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines
- W3C XHTML 1
- W3C CSS 2
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main headings, H2 tags for sub-headings etc.
- Content and presentation have been completely separated. All pages are designed fully using CSS - tables are only used to display tables of data where it is appropriate to do so.
- For those using screen readers there is the option to skip past the navigation to the content on each page.
- Link text is written to make sense out of context.
- Many links have title attributes to describe the links in greater detail. Most links open in the same window. Some links (in particular links to external sites) may open in new windows and there will be a warning in the title tag of the link that a new browser window is being opened.
- The pages on this website are all print-friendly - a print style sheet has been used to exclude unneccessary design elements.
- All text is assigned a relative font size - this means that you can resize the text if you want to
- All informational images have been assigned descriptive ALT text. Decorative images are either placed in the CSS document or have a null ALT attribute .
We don't use access keys as there is considerable doubt over their real usefulness.